Lakeshore East‘s Michele Schultz, PT, DPT shares her recipe for Winter Beet and Pomegranate Salad + Balsamic Dressing! Give it a try and let us know how it turns out.
- 6 beets, quartered or cubed
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 package mixed greens
- Pomegranate arils
- 3/4 cup castelvetrano olives, halved
- 2 blood oranges or navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Chicken breasts, added for protein
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jam preserves
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook chicken to your liking.
- Add the greens to a large bowl. Add the pomegranate arils, beets, pecans, pistachios, pepitas, olives, oranges, and goat cheese. Give the salad a gentle toss.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, preserves, honey, cayenne, rosemary, and a pinch of salt + pepper in a bowl or glass jar.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad or serve alongside the salad. • Add chicken over the salad or serve alongside the salad. Enjoy!